Saturday, August 23, 2008

Friends - Has the Meaning Changed Over the Years?


The meaning of the word 'friend' seems to have changed over these past few years.
The word 'Friend' refers to someone who will welcome your company and show extreme loyalty towards you. They have your best interests at heart and desire what is best for you. A friend will try to best honest with you, for your own sake, but would never want to intentionally hurt you. Yes, being a good friend is not easy. You have to constantly make sacrifices, things cannot always go the way you want them too. You have to stand up for your friends under any circumstances, but point out their faults when you know that they are going the wrong way.
Once again - being a good friend is not easy. Perhaps that is why today's youth have seemingly taken the reins of this world into their hands and feel that they can alter the established definition of the word friend. Now, I think, the word stands for a person who just hangs out with you but can turn their back towards you whenever they wish, for whatever reason they wish and in whichever manner they wish.

Perhaps you can see I'm extremely infuriated at the moment. A person who I thought my friend has commited an atrocious deed. The worst part is that he was capable of doing something like this, only I didn't admit it to myself. Well, now, I'm paying for placing my trust in him.
Anyway, I don't want to let this thought linger in my mind any longer. I wish to be free of it. To achieve that, I'm am going to .. 'kick his ass' tomorrow [please pardon the language, I'm in a foul mood and I need to take it out somewhere].

Anyway, on a happier note, tomorrow is a very special day for me. Lets leave it at that for now. Anybody wishing to know the significance of tomorrow [wait, I think it's past 12.. So it should technically be 'today'] can contact me at coagulated.blood.urgh@hotmail.com [Repulsive, I know]. 28th of any month is a very special day for me and a few people around me. ♥

That's all for now [this post was VERY random and I will edit it when I get the time].
More later.
Signing off.
Mallika Priya Khullar
:)

3 comments:

Soni said...

hi sweeety...
some frnds cn be retarded dumb asses...bt dn der are the frnds that are the wonderful and manificent one that take ur hand when ever ur need help standing up... so smile cz im sure u've got a mix of both!... its life!..ha...LUV YA!
nd yes 28th of every month is a WONDERFUL day for u nd me nd 2 oda dumboooz..:p...:D

ashima madan said...

whats so special about '28' i have read it 4-5 tymz now! n i am curious!! may i ask? (lol...i alredy did!!)

Mallika said...

Thank you Soni.. With friends like you, life seems much easier.. :D

And Ashima, I'll message you on FB, ok? :)