Saturday, August 30, 2008

Poetry - A Child's Play?

Not really.

I've tried my hand at poetry, just as I've tried my hand at painting, playing basketball, writing, dancing etc.


However, I was a budding poetess when I was young, I can't say anything about now. Recently, about 4 months back, I won an award for poetry writing from school but the poem sounded, for want of a better word, gay. That was quite obvious actually, for I wrote the poem in approximately ten minutes. This implies that my poem would either have been too shabby for words, or too gay for words. As you read this poem, you'll realise that it belongs to the latter category much more than the former. [Taking inspiration from my fellow blog-writers, I've decided to put up some of the poems I've written, however silly they might be]

Here's Presenting: Nature, Our Perennial Source Of Inspiration [well, that was what the authorities told me to write on, anyway]

'Twas just yesterday,
I felt blue
My tear-bedimmed eyes peered out the window,
The foreboding feeling inside me grew;
I feared what the window would reveal, would show.

The fear was in vain, however,
The view had much to offer.
Nature and creatures, harmoniously living together
I wonder if it'd been this way forever.

I took out a pencil and attempted to draw.
My fingers attained a mind of their own
The end result was perfect, but one flaw:
The harmony in nature had not been shown.

I tried looking thru the window again,
This time with an open mind,
Taking in the wind, sunshine and the rain
I then realized, nature is divine.

There was much to learn from nature;
I'd been completely ignorant about this boon;
Never thought outside the box, never!
Not even outside my room.

Instilled with a feeling of intimacy
With nature and with everything around me
I realized that there was no conspiracy;
The feeling made me feel so free

And thus my once tear-bedimmed eyes
Were bloodshot and full of tears yet again.
I'd attained self-actualization and I realized
My life would never be the same.

More later.
Signing Off.
Mallika Priya Khullar.

7 comments:

ashima madan said...

[Taking inspiration from my fellow blog-writers, I've decided to put up some of the poems I've written, however silly they might be]
HEHE...whom are you referring?? and BTW....its a marvelous poem! who gave you the right to call it gay?? huh??

Mallika said...

Haha, reffering to you ..!! =P
And it IS gay!

ashima madan said...

NO ITS NOT!!!!
and "however silly they might be" hunhhhh???????? still referring to me?? lol

ashima madan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ashima madan said...

oa i just noticed...you are also like me!! its REFErrING!! Even i make it REffERING...but google helps me out in figuring it! love google!

Mallika said...

Yeah, referring.
Damn, I always forget =X

Mallika said...

however silly they might be => referring to the POEMS!
Haha, not you or any of my other fellow bloggers!